Are your scores getting comments like these?
Excellent contribution from the Bass & Tenor Section.
Subtle melodic highlights from Tenors.
Tasteful rhythmic accompaniment.
Good compositional direction.
After playing your score the tune finally makes sense.
My philosophy when composing scores for either a soloist or a band is that the music should swing, because the majority of the music we play in pipe bands are dances. I also write each score as if I was going to be using it for either a competition or performance.
Cost Effective Option:
Some people charge $20+ per part so that means:
An M.S.R. consisting of 4 parts march, 4 parts strathspey and 6 parts reel would cost $280.
I only charge $25 per tune so that means:
The exact same M.S.R. would only cost $75.
Solo and Band Scores Available
What I will need from you:
- MP3 Recording of your requested tune(s) being played on a practice chanter.
- PDF copies of Snare Drum Score. A recording of these scores being played with melody would be ideal.
- Number of drums in section that scores should be written for i.e. B+2T, B+3T, B+4T, etc.
What you will receive from me:
- Professionally typeset copies of your scores. Bands will receive a full score and individual parts.
- Suggested visuals for both flourishing and non-flourishing tenors.
- Reference recording so that you can hear how everything fits together.